Sunday, April 15, 2012

More Random Photos (Warning: Mostly of the Kittens)

This is a picture of me about 5 minutes after I found out that I have been placed in Durrës.  I was/am ecstatic.  When my name was called, I was video- recording the site announcements for Joyce.  Apparently when my name was called for Durrës, I started jumping up and down and squealing with joy.  Someone said I looked like a contestant on Price is Right.  I must see the video.  Glad I did not drop/throw the camera.  (My photo is the yellow one to the far left - sticking out is the gorgeous Adriatic.  Shumë mirë.)

The sites were announced by projecting a map of Albania on the back wall.  Our pictures popped up one by one as our names and destinations were called.  It was exciting and nerve-wracking.  See my face under Durrës on the west coast?  More details about my perfect placement to come soon. 

snuggle time with the kitties

learning to explore

Luis with an armful of kitties
I do not think Alex could have been happier.  Well, unless a good glass of wine was also present. 
The family does not seem to bother thinking about what they will do with the kittens.  The American part of me wants to say "What!  You don't already have a plan for that!?!"  Yet another reason Albania will be good for me. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so, so happy for you! Now to begin my research on Durres, about which I know nothing, I'm embarrassed to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--2nd largest city, ancient culture, Adriatic Sea, modern university! Womun, you are fortunate, indeed. How is Durres pronounced by the natives?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Radiating contentment! I think I'm sensing Cleo checking ticket prices right now.....

    ReplyDelete