Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What's the use of worry? What's the use of hurry? (random update from a Dancing Nancy)

This weekend I am going to Korca to visit a current COD (Community and Organizational Development Facilitator).  People here call it C-O-D, but I am trying (not so subtly) to call us "cods".  We development workers have a tendency to be rather pretentious with our titles and such.  I think "facipulation" (facilitation + manipulation) is a better term for what we are supposed to actually do here.  But, I really have no idea yet.  This country and experience should be allowed to reveal itself naturally and "avash avash" (slowly). 

For more on Korca - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kor%C3%A7%C3%AB

The video link pasted below is fellow group 15-er Lizzie telling a tale of a lamb in Elbasan.  I do so heart the Balkans. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRXoyTC4xvg 

My AWESOME site mates - Derek, Liila, and Alex

Derek, Liila, me, and Mike

I wish I could remember what we're looking at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment